With just over two weeks until the big day, the festive season is well and truly under way! As enjoyable as this time of year is, you may already be feeling the stress and strains that Christmas brings. In fact, as manic as this month may be, there's no better time to fit exercise into your life. Here's why:
1. To avoid extra weight gain. No one wants to miss out on all the Christmas treats on offer, but the fact is, the more weight you gain over the festive period the more you will have to lose come January. In fact, research shows that the average person gains around 4 lbs between Christmas Eve and NYE and it takes us until Easter to lose it! The good news is that if you continue to exercise throughout the festive period, not only will you burn calories during your class, but you will also be more conscious of what food you are consuming the rest of the time, as those who regularly exercise are more likely to make healthy food choices too. Plus, let's face it, we're all more body conscious in our fitness gear!
2. To make some time for yourself. As this is a particularly busy time of year, we can all end up running around like headless chickens, which is why it's more important than ever to take some time out to do something for you, that makes you relax and feel good. Your body and your mind will thank you for it and so will your friends and family!
3. To boost your immune system. With the cold weather, unhealthy diets, late nights and stress, we are all more prone to catching the odd winter bug. But with regular exercise you will naturally strengthen your immune system, making you less likely to pick up all those nasties!
4. To drink less. We all love a mulled wine or three over Christmas....but over doing it on the alcohol will not only lead to extra weight gain, but also dehydrated skin and of course a heavy head! However, if you've booked into class and committed to attending, then you are more likely to avoid quite as much booze!
5. To sparkle like the Christmas lights! There's no doubt about it, not only will regular exercise make you look simmer and trimmer in your party outfit, but all that oxygenated blood will make you physically glow!
And to help you keep in tip top shape this winter, don't forget we have our Monthly Unlimited Pass which you can purchase from now until 31st January 2015. With classes in between Christmas and New Year there's no reason to feel like a stuffed turkey come the New Year!